Freitag, 24. Mai 2013

developing shapes

Over the last couple of days I have been developing the shapes for the garments to which I am going to apply my fabric designs to. I have been drawing inspiration from the initial influence, the traditional costumes of the Burgenland Croats, and capturing some key-elements as well as reinterpreting the traditional shapes. The aim is to create an unique and contemporary look that reflects my research as well as the identity of the Burgenland Croats' diverse costumes. After finishing the first ideas on paper I am about to start creating 'real' samples in different weights of calico and planing the right application of the fabrics to the garments. Just to quote Leonardo Da Vinci at this point:
"Simplicity is the ulitmate sophistication."
An important quote for the development of my garment designs and a quote that reflects my process so far.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen