Samstag, 17. November 2012

research trip london




 "Really I only photograph what I truly love. " - TIM WALKER



(images: Wukovits 2012)
What a start in this week - spending 4 days in the most inspiring city of the world - LONDON! I discovered some interesting new places and areas, where I have never been before, found some good amazing book stores, vintage shops as well as fascinating living areas - you can´t image how creativily the Londoners use the limited space they have! Visitng Notting Hill and its inspiring PORTOBELLO ROAD, spending nearly a whole day at the V&A - doing research and examining interesting HOLLYWOOD COSTUMEs, visiting the gorgeous LIBERTY department store - just "wow", breathing the air of the CARNABY STREET - it´s always worth to visit the amazing Ben Sherman store there, having a look at fascinating photographs of TIM WALKER at the Sommerset House - and starring at a giant doll, visiting the good old CAMDEN MARKET - the only things that are still good, are the vintages shops and the food , getting some inspiration at the CAMDEN PASSAGE - spending 1 hours at the LOOP store and afterwards enjoying a good Austrian coffee break at the KIPFERL café. Well - SOHO was as always a big inspiration for fabrics and fashion. At the last day I visited the DOVER STREET MARKET - and got a incredible tunic, discovered the areas of COVENT GARDEN and finally went to the DESIGN MUSEUM to see the "Digital Crystal" and "Designed to Win" exhibitions.


On the whole this research trip was once again a "mind-opener" plus a "collection-trip" for lots of inspirations - furthermore I got some big ideas for my work. Well, I still haven´t explored all areas of London, what gives a reason to come back again, and again, and again! 

(images: Wukovits 2012)
Besides my research I managed riding a bike in London´s rush hour and running from the Tower Hill underground station to the Design Museum in just 4 min - What´s so special? Well, I had to cross the TOWER BRIDGE!





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen