Dienstag, 30. Oktober 2012

sheffield

impressions of the trip to Sheffield
(images: Lindeman, Wukovits 2012)
A nice, inspiring Saturday in Sheffield. My lovely friend Nanette and I visited the Millennium Gallery, which is at the moment hosting the Paul Morrison:Auctorum exhibition. To be honest, I am not really such a huge fan of his flower motifs, but just the perfectly made art pieces and the material he uses is astonishing! I mean - I have never seen that many karats of gold on a canvas! At the Graves Gallery we had a look at Andy Warhol´s Late Self Portraits. Little exhibition space - but a really good selection of Warhol´s work. For the first time in my life I saw original work of Andy Warhol, as well as in a further exhition room my first original of Damien Hirst. On the whole - I was suprised, that Sheffield has that much art and design to offer !



INSPIRATION OF THE DAY: The way how Paul Morrison mixes differnt styles of flowers in his art work.
FINDING OF THE DAY: Pigeons could also be part of art.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen