Montag, 6. Februar 2012

background knowledge expressly required!

books, books and books.

At the moment there are tons of research to do for my final project at uni. I want to combine old, traditional Japanese dyeing techniques with unusual knits and modern techniques, such as lasercutting. All books I could find about traditional Japanese tie-dyeing and textile techniques in our well-asorted uni library are piling up in my room. I didn´t know where to start! Then I asked myself:"Why just using books? Use the internet - use YouTube and the person from the short movies will tell you how it works" - and the person definitely does!

Go and have a click!

Shibori, Japanese word for "tie-dyeing", it is often mistaken for Batik, which is a related technique

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen