Montag, 22. April 2013

bleached

pure thick bleach on denim for 30mins
(imags: Wukovits 2013)
As I promised I will keep you up-to-date with the denim I got donated. This weekend I did a basic method: BLEACHING!

Bleaching with thick bleach on different samples of denim (all in different indigo/blue shades). The pure thick bleach reacted so fast - unbelievable! My past experiments with bleaching on denim where done in water-thinned bleaching baths. Within a few minutes the dark denim slightly started to change into a light blue and finally after 30 minutes it nearly got white. To get rid of the bleach and the smell - I gave the samples a proper wash in the washing machine (40 degrees/usual washing powder/a bit of fabric softener) and finished them off by drying them in the tumble dryer.

Good old method - great result and a good start for further manipulation processes on top of it. Mhh... just wondering how the devore will work.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen