Samstag, 2. Februar 2013

module 2|week 1

This week I was working on the design developments for my project, by taking inspiration from the old traditional garments from my family's traditional costumes. The aim was to look at them from a different perspective and in detail. Using different techniques, like painting, collaging, stitching and folding as well as different materials, such as several papers, tissue and fabric, made this design development quite exciting. Applying all those techniques and materials directed me to further new ideas. The positive side effect of this week's "creative output" were the happy-design-accidents - which were directly integrated into my developments.

details from my recent design developments  (mixed techniques)
(images: Wukovits 2013)


Furthermore I started investigating into patina, colour as well as longevity in fashion. To support my project research I attended an informative guest-lecture of Alison Gwilt. The most interesting part of her lecture about "Sustainability in Fashion" was her example of looking at sustainability in Haute Couture. Following the lecture we did a group workshop, which let us practice the lecture's theory on some own products.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen