Freitag, 16. März 2012

monarch

MONARCH- the circular knitting machine

This week´s work went pretty well. Finally realizing first desing-samples on the circular knitting machine from MONARCH as well as getting instructed to the machine itself. Although its software is not that easy to handle, I managed using it on my own for the third design. Next to it I got basic instructions for using the machine like changing broken needles, picking up dropped stitches, cutting off the produced fabric and getting the machine run. I think I am really starting to like big machines like that.The result: a jersey made by me!



During the working-process I noticed that the way of "learning by doing" is the best way to get used to a new technology or field. It should definitely be practised more in design-schools or -universities furthermore students should get more possibilities practicing on machines like this. I am thankful for the way I learn it!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen